The attention your dreams seek is action.
Color Commentary for Monday, June 19, 2017
By E. R. Haas
"Never forget that life can only be nobly inspired and rightly lived if you take it bravely and gallantly, as a splendid adventure in which you are setting out into an unknown country, to meet many a joy, to find many a comrade, to win and lose many a battle." ~ Annie Besant
Last week the theme was on FEAR—and how to live your dreams them rather than permitting fear to destroy them.
This week we are going to talk about the power of cumulative action—keeping your dreams alive and well by giving them the attention they so richly deserve... by taking a successive series of small steps in the direction of your dreams.
The attention your dreams seek is ACTION. They cry out for ACTION. Is taking bold action a problem for you? Take a minute to take your Act Now TQ Test.
Most people THINK they are action-oriented action-heros in their own lives... yet less than 10% of our database scores above 8 on this area of their performance. The reality is, over 60% score less than 5 on taking action.
This is a big disconnect. You THINK you are a person of action, and yet you don't really take the series of actions necessary to move your hopes and dreams out of your heart and into your life. A pity since this is a performance issue easily remedied.
An immutable law of the universe...
You can be a perfect 10 on each of your other 9 Colors—BUT if you never get around to taking action... never get around to putting your mission into play... never get around to turning your dreams into goals... your goals into plans and your plans into a series of highly focused actions... you will never achieve the results you want and the success you desire.
No matter how you cut it, 9 x 0 = 0. This is an inescapable fact of simple mathematics.
It simply doesn't matter how grand a mission... how wonderful your attitude... how fabulous your organization skills... how exceptional your time management habits... or your physical strength and mental energy. If you fail to take action... regardless the reasons and circumstances... you will spend the only life you have to live wishing and waiting.
Look back on the last 3 years of your life and answer this simple question:
Are you where you want to be right now? ___ Yes ___ No
You can wish and dream. You can want and need. But until you get yourself to take positive action, nothing is going to change. Your goals won't just jump off the page and into your life.
Only YOU can make them happen.
Learn to take bold action to make things happen -- and you will put your life on the success fast-track. Don't, and it will die on the vine.
Is your Act Now Color causing you problems?
You can tell when...
- You are simply waiting, wondering, and wandering.
- Hesitation rules; you'd rather wait and see, than do and discover.
- The fear of the unknown always stops you dead in your tracks.
- Despite all your hopes and dreams, few of your plans and goals ever gets accomplished.
- Your regrets outnumber your results, and lost opportunities limit your future.
- You believe that life's meant to be endured rather than engaged, outwaited rather than outwitted.
- You take bold action to make things happen.
- You can't wait to get started on each new task.
- You eliminate worry and fear by immediately taking every action possible to minimize loss, and gain a superior advantage.
- You immediately put into action any plan that promises to get you what you want.
- Both your success and your failures are seen as beneficial steps that move you forward to the next opportunity.
- Eagerly accepting every new challenge, you believe life is a daring adventure, just waiting to be explored.
One half of this year has just blown by...
Look back on the last 6 months of your life and answer this simple question:
Are you where you WANT to be right now? ___ Yes ___ No
More importantly, are you where you NEED to be right now to make 2016 your absolute best year ever?
If not, what are you going to DO? Sit and stew or get on it?
Learn to take bold action to get started and keep moving in the direction of your dreams and goals. You are spending the ONLY life you have to live. ONLY by taking action will you ever live up to your full potential.
Don't just think about it. Just DO it! -- E.R. Haas, CEO
If you have any questions you would like us to answer personally, just send us an email! Click Here Answers@ThinkTQ.com...
The only dumb question is the one that's important to you... and you didn't ask!