Eric R. Haas CEO, ThinkTQ, Inc.
E. R. with Jan on a cliff overlooking the Pacific at Gold Beach, Oregon.
E. R. (Eric Richard) Haas, is a business/marketing entrepreneur, visionary, internet publisher and writer.
Happily married to Jan, he has 5 children, 9 grandchildren, and 6 great grandchildren... and the most beautiful cat you have ever seen!
E.R.'s passion is model railroading, traveling and Broadway shows, especially musicals.
E. R. and Jan built one of the largest privately owned G-Scale Garden Railroads in America, as well as complex layouts in both N and HO scale. Their work has been featured in major railroad magazines.
E. R. with grand-daughters Ashley (right) and Kristina (left).
"My career path has been, shall we say, unique! I have done a tremendous amount of consulting for established firms looking to put magic back in their businesses. I have invested in and built small companies into large companies. I have taken nothing more than an idea and turned it into real opportunity. You might say, I have always looked to the future with a positive eye, recognizing that the only constant in business and life is change. I have lived on the 'bleeding edge' of technology and thrived!" ~ E. R. Haas
Haas has founded 22 different businesses since leaving graduate school in 1968... some wildly successful... some flops. ("You'll never know success until you've experienced the cold edge of failure" is one of Haas' favorite quotes!)
Core Strengths: Leader... Inventor... Innovator... Visionary... Marketer... Promoter... Serial Entrepreneur... Writer... CEO... Strategist... Resilience... Christian.
Over the past fifty years, Haas has invested his considerable entrepreneurial talent in manufacturing, finance, computer software development and internet publishing. Haas believes that people work too hard for too little, and that with encouragement and training, they can learn how to achieve a great deal more out of life.
His passion is to make it easier for people to achieve exceptional results by improving their practical working intelligence (TQ). He has the leadership, sales and marketing skills necessary to make the vision real.
- 2019 Current— This year's focus is on a merger exit strategy designed to create a potential Billion dollar valuation for TQ shareholders.
- The prospects are so bright, I have to wear shades!
- 2018 Current— Developed and commercially tested The Time Prism: the fastest and easiest way to learn, remember, and master the success-critical skills required for higher achievement.
- While a prime extension of TQ, this App empowers, encourages, and excites users to simply STOP -- Take a Breath -- and THINK. This project condensed and distilled 5,000 years of the best ideas — from the greatest minds in history — into a tool that positively shapes thinking towards excellence and away from mediocrity. Modifying human behavior, making people smarter in the moment is extremely difficult. We did it!
- 2016 Current— Founder of The World Excellence Project™
- This is an initiative to turn 2.5 billion smart phones into a powerful neural net designed to make excellence the prevailing aspiration globally. By far my most challenging project, the idea is to develop and deploy the Smartest App on Earth, providing people with a unique new system to empower Transparent Learning... learning without even knowing you are learning!
- 2010 Current—Co-Founder MyBizIQ, Inc.
- This is a continuing development effort to help small businesses create a customized and on-going, function-specific strategic plan. The small business failure rate is accelerating, while new business formation is declining. The mission of MyBizIQ is to stem this tide by giving people the tools they need to master the golden game of business success.
- 2002 Current—Principle writer of the following books published and integrated into the TQ Training structure:
- (2002) The Daily Lessons In Excellence Training series.
- (2005) Success On Purpose, the followup to Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life
- (2008) Full Spectrum Success
- (2009) Full Spectrum Career Power
- (2010) ThinkTQ & Grow Rich
- (2011) The Anatomy of The Achievable Goal
- (2011) The Golden Game of Business Success: Planning to WIN
- (2011) The Golden Game of Business Success: Playing to WIN
- (2012) The Believer's Guide to Achieving Success On Purpose
- (2013) Discovering God's Plan for Your Life
- (2013) Marriage With Purpose
- (2013) Learn and Burn Audio Series
- (2014) The Excellence Habit: Why Everything Matters
- (2019) The Invisible Billionaire: Second Chances — A Christmas Miracle Hollywood Style. This book is the foundation for a movie script — an epic Christmas movie featuring A-list talent. It is a rags to riches and back again story where we discover that we are each other's second chance.
- 1995 Current—Founder/President and Publisher, ThinkTQ, Inc.
- ThinkTQ has internally developed all TQ/Time Prism software, books, workshops and CD's. From the fall of 1995 on, Haas has been working full-time on the development of each aspect of The TQ program and has assembled the most battle-hardened, creative matrix of talent available to fully exploit the opportunities within the personal growth and training industries. From June 1999 through March 2002, Haas and Madson co-authored The Power of TQ, the world's first Virtual Personal Book which became available for sale at ThinkTQ.com in March 2002.
- 1986 1999—Founder/President, Nine to Five Software Company, Inc.
- Nine to Five successfully published 11 different programs for commercial sale, including several leading programs for the Macintosh. Nine to Five developed REPORTS!, the best selling hypertext report generator for the Macintosh. From 1988 through 1992, Nine to Five enjoyed considerable growth in sales and marketing, achieving over 3,000,000 users for its products worldwide. It licensed various technologies to Apple Computer, Spinnaker Software (now SoftVue), Intuit, NOHA, NCAR, CIA, and Oracle Corporation. In September 1999, Haas successfully negotiated the sale of the Macintosh reporting software and customer base to a long-time Mac publisher for transition and ongoing sales and development.
- 1986 1995—Founder/President, LawOne Information Systems.
- LawOne provided software analysis and litigation support services for complex, multi-jurisdictional commercial litigation. Haas' firm represented multiple cases with discovery that took 10 years and spanned some 18 years of account history. All cases were either settled or won with a positive outcome.
- 1976 1990—Consulting Editor, NADA Appraisal Guides.
- Developed a new appraisal system for the world's largest publisher of value guides (blue books) for the manufactured housing industry. (NADA is an acronym for the National Automobile Dealer Association.) This book became the dominant value guide in the industry, and the only one recognized by the Federal Government: Veterans Administration, HUD, etc..
- 1979 1986—Founder/President, Raxis International Inc.
- Raxis, a vertical market systems integrator, specialized in computerized management services for the manufactured housing, RV and marine industries. From 1979 through 1986, Raxis sold over 850 computer systems (approximately $10,000,000 in systems sales and services) based on the Apple II product line. It also provided system-level software, notably a database manager, a rewrite of Apple's basic language (Applesoft), and a high-performance extension to Apple's disk operating system.
- 1977 1984—Founder/President, American National Mobile Home Association.
- A financial service business engaged in providing long-term financing to resellers of mobile homes. Haas purchased the first Apple computer in the state of Indiana, and was among the first to develop software for Apple. To actively pursue software development and sales, he merged American National into Sebrite Corporation in 1979. From 1977 through 1984, American National was the largest broker of pre-owned manufactured housing in America.
- 1972 1976—Founder/President, American Mobile Leasing and AML Plan Inc.
- Dissolved the business in 1976 due to lack of financing by lenders of mobile homes after opening and profitably running sixteen locations in Indiana, Ohio and Michigan.
- 1970 1974—Founder/President, Style-Crest Products.
- Sold out to individual stockholders in 1974. Style-Crest manufactures and distributes accessories for the manufactured housing industry and is the largest full-service manufacturer/distributor in the industry, with annual sales over $150 million.
- 1970 1971—Founder and President, Poly-Foam International, Inc.
- Merged into Architectural Molded Products in 1971. Poly-Foam manufactured urethane cabinet parts and decorative appliqués and became the worldwide producer for Over Head Garage Doors.
- 1968 1969—Founder and President, Step-Craft Manufacturing Company.
- While in graduate school ('68) working on his MBA, Haas transformed his thesis into a business plan... then into a successful manufacturing business. Haas then merged Step-Craft Manufacturing into International Assemblix/Craftmasters, a then subsidiary of General Mills, in 1969. Step-Craft manufactured a complete line of fiberglass steps and aluminum products for mobile homes.
- 1966 1968—Founder/President, Haas Enterprises-Import/Export.
- Started while Haas was in college to import watches, clocks and supplies for the graphic arts/printing industry. Wrote book for BGSU Division of Business Research on practical uses of Free-Trade Zones while in graduate school.
Additionally, Haas directed the design and development teams for various TQ support sites such as IntentionalExcellence.com, MyBelieversGuide.com, MarriageWithPurpose.com, TheLearnAndBurnConnection.com, etc.
Click Here for E.R.'s Early Story from Full Spectrum Career Power...