Wednesday, October 23, 2019.
"Leadership is the wise use of power. Power is the capacity to translate intention into reality and sustain it."
~ Warren Bennis
Click to Listen to Today's Midas Motivational Minute...
Why Do You Want This Done?
When you delegate, explain not only the "what" but also the "why." This will help build cooperation and allow for intelligent participation by everyone involved.
The next time you delegate a task, make sure the person assigned sees how it fits in with the rest of the project or goal.
Today's Idea For Action is from the TQ Synergize Color: Get Agreement -- Provide Support.
Print this page. Get out a pen. Better, Sign In and Answer Online.
Now, ask yourself the following three questions:
- Do your team members know why they are doing what they are doing?
- When others understand the big picture, won't they also be more motivated to perform the less attractive but necessary tasks?
- Will you remember to explain how a particular task fits into the big picture the next time you delegate?
So, Just How Committed to High Achievement Are You?
A high commitment (7G rated 8 or better) suggests you are someone who has mastered the skill of getting exactly what you ask for. You focus on what you do best, and always look to delegate projects to others who can do them faster or better. You understand that delegation is an art that requires clearly communicated expectations. By mastering this art you instantly multiply your personal and professional effectiveness.
A lack of commitment suggests you are someone who most often ends up doing everything yourself. As a result, your accomplishments are limited by what you -- and only you -- can do on your own. Often, you don't take time to evaluate what could be delegated. Even when projects are delegated, they tend to lack the specificity or support required to be the success you desire.
What happens when you do TQ Factor 7G more frequently?
You have more power. You get a ton of work done by handing it off to others who will do it right the first time.
You accumulate performance positives like "Empowering, Explicit and Supportive" -- immediately moving you towards the results you expect.
What happens when you fail to consistently do TQ Factor 7G?
You have less power. Failure to delegate effectively will always limit your performance.
Negatives like "Withholding, Vague and Distrustful" start to take their toll on your performance -- quickly moving you away from the success you want.
Exclusively for TQ Gold & Excellence Habit Members...
- Pop in Buds... Press Play... Learn & Burn! More...
- Reinvent yourself by testing your TQ. Discover what you are doing RIGHT, what you are doing WRONG and exactly what you need to do DIFFERENT.
- Reconnect to your dreams, goals, and plans...
- Recommit to your performance. Decide what you will do different TODAY to produce greater results...
- Reinforce those commitments by listening to your Workshop CDs and placing your Signs for Success.
- Review our online performance commentaries. They just might change your life.
"Becoming a member of ThinkTQ is the single smartest thing you will do today. It is the pathway to achieving all your dreams." ~ Jennifer Thompson, Gold Member
Sign Up Now!
Register now and gain access to our site, our testing and evaluation tools, and to our highly advanced, highly targeted TQ training systems.
This $160 TQ Starter Package includes your Daily Lessons in Intentional Excellence as well as a TQ Workshop of your choice -- FREE!
You will also receive the best book on Time Management ever written, Revelations of The Time Prism: Full Spectrum Time Management... as an instant download... absolutely FREE!
Remember, any information you enter anywhere on ThinkTQ.com is 100% private, and will not be given, sold or rented to others.
There is no requirement that you purchase anything. There are no reoccurring charges ever. You may cancel anytime and we will part friends.
Simply fill in this short membership form...